Want to make the most out of your weekend? We’ve found the best things to do in Dubai, so you don’t waste time searching
- Play Bingo with a twist at Tribeca, JBR. The festive-themed ‘Big Bang Theory’ game night is free to attend, challenging guests to cross music artists off their cards the minute a tune is played. Plenty of prizes to be won! Oh, and there’s mulled wine for good measure. December 8th from 7-10pm. Tribeca is located on the first floor of JA Ocean View Hotel, JBR. Contact 050 345 6067
- Win a three-night stay at Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa. Visit the Hilton Sale stand at The Ripe Market, Dubai Police Academy Park, and take a selfie at their wall pop-up. I’ve stayed at this stunning hotel and it’s absolutely gorgeous! Ian Fleming stayed here too, when he needed sunshine, adventure and inspiration for James Bond. Head there on December 7th and 8th, from 9am to 7pm.
- Fan of electronic music and art? Groove On The Grass is taking place this weekend at Emirates Golf Club. Head there for Miami’s poster boy of underground and county culture Danny Daze, Sebastian Kramer, Gigi Masin, and Chloé. The outdoor festival will also include acro-yoga, food trucks, local artists, and pop-up stalls, so that you can get started on festive shopping. Tomorrow, December 7th from 5pm to 3am. 21+, tickets from Dhs215 per person. Visit grooveonthegrass.net
- I just found out NEXT offers free delivery over Dhs120, and you get your items within five days. Everything is ridiculously reasonable online, compared to the stores, and they have a wide selection of homeware and festive items too – if you go crazy about these things, like I do! The only thing I wear at home this time of year is a Onesie – find one for you (options for all gender) here and other gifts. Happy shopping!
- I know, we’re sick of hearing about millennials being addicted to social media. But, if you do feel like it’s taking a toll on your health, life, and future decisions a bit too much, read this article on ways to be happy in the UAE. It’s especially helpful if you feel as though everyone you know is either pregnant, getting married, or living the dream life while you wonder what on Earth is going on with your life. Go on, read it.