Quick and easy chorizo pulao recipe
CHORIZO PULAO RECIPE
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 potato
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3 garlic cloves
- Chorizo sausage (I used spicy Spanish chorizo)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup Basmati rice; washed, drained and soaked for 20-30 mins.
- Sauté the onions in garlic and ghee.
- When the onions are translucent, add the tomatoes and cook until softened. Add the masala and turmeric.
- Drop in the chorizo and cook for a few minutes or until you see the oils slowly oozing out.
- Add the potatoes and rice. I filled the pan with 2 cups of water, gradually. You want enough to just cover the mixture.
- Place a lid on top and cook until the water evaporates and the rice and potatoes are cooked through.
- Et voila! Your chorizo pulao is ready to eat. I love it with a side of yoghurt.
Rather order takeout? Click here